Many of us are still unclear why Himalayan Salt is more beneficial than other salts and what are the many uses of it. This post from Look4ward shares tips on this natural pink salt!
Have you heard about the amazing Himalayan crystal salt that comes directly from the Himalayan Mountains? About 200 million years ago, there were crystallized sea salt beds that were covered with lava. Being kept in this untouched, pristine environment that has been surrounded with snow and ice for so many years means that the salt has been protected from modern day pollution. Many people believe that this pink salt from the Himalayas is the purest salt that can be found on the planet.
Himalayan salt was formed naturally from hearty 80+ minerals and elements – 85.62% sodium chloride and 14.38% other trace minerals including: sulphate, magnesium, calcium, potassium, bicarbonate, bromide, borate, strontium, and fluoride (in descending order of quantity).
Because of these minerals Himalayan pink salt can:
- Create an electrolyte balance
- Increases hydration
- Regulate water content both inside and outside of cells
- Balance pH (alkaline/acidity) and help to reduce acid reflux
- Prevent muscle cramping
- Aid in proper metabolism functioning
- Strengthen bones
- Lower blood pressure
- Help the intestines absorb nutrients
- Prevent goiters
- Improve circulation
- Dissolve and eliminate sediment to remove toxins
It is even said to support libido, reduce the signs of aging, and detoxify the body from heavy metals.
The many uses of pink salt
Himalayan salt detox bath
If you want to have a refreshing therapeutic experience before bedtime, Himalayan Salt Bath is the right way to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. This healing and relaxing therapy easily can be availed at your home at an affordable way.
This pink Himalayan salt contains 84 nourishing trace elements and minerals which are absent in normal salt. Having this salt bath daily easily regulates your pH balance, boosts the immunity, and prevents your body from getting infected by virus and bacteria by giving complete protection to your skin and body.
The noteworthy benefits of having Himalayan Salt bath doesn’t end here. Here are a few more of them:
- Works as a strong detoxifier and helps extract toxin out of your skin, leaving it nourished and fresh.
- Balances pH of body and skin
- Boosts metabolism by recharging your body
- Makes skin smoother, softer and glowing. Helps promote better skin hydration, protecting it against premature ageing.
- Treats various skin disorders like psoriasis, eczema, and acne with its amazing antiseptic qualities.
- Comes with pain relief properties and soothes the soreness.
- A natural solution for insomnia and different sleep-related disorders.
- Helps reduce anxiety, depression and gives mental peace and balance.
- Works amazingly in solving gynaecological issues and other female health issues.
Tips on preparing a Himalayan salt bath
People basically don’t get time to visit a spa regularly and the best benefit of this salt bath is that you can take it at your home easily.
- If you want an intense Himalayan salt Detox bath more than a skin treatment, the bath water temperature must be around 97 degrees Fahrenheit. The salt bath’s concentration must be 1% salt solution. It converts to nearly 1.2 ounces of Himalayan salt bath per gallon of water. Even the average house tub also is able to hold nearly 30 gallons of water alongside 2.6 pounds of salt.
- If you want a gentle salt bath for having relaxation or for treating your skin disorders, you can utilise a lower concentration of the bath salt in comparison with the intense Detox bath. The perfect salt amount should be 1/3 pounds per bath and the perfect temperature must be nearly 97 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you want to complement this bath routine, you can include some other body and bath products such as:
Himalayan salt soap
In your busy schedule, you can indulge your senses by using a Himalayan salt soap in order to exfoliate dead skin cells. It suits every skin type, especially best for the sensitive skin type. It maintains the skin’s natural protective oils and completely hydrates it. It removes unwanted bad odour from your body.
Natural Himalayan salt body scrub
This product is also highly efficient in moisturising, re-mineralising and exfoliating your skin. It helps increase blood circulation and supports the rejuvenation of your body cells and makes your skin glowing. It leaves an amazing scent after having a bath.
Himalayan salt deodorant
In order to remove bad odours from your body and avoid the chemical products, you should opt for a Himalayan salt deodorant. It works as a long lasting natural antiperspirant.
that use Himalayan Salt are an alternative natural way to steroid Asthma inhalers. When the salty air is inhaled, salt particles travel through the entire respiratory system. The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties purify and detox the lungs and sinuses. Studies show that salt therapy is widely effective for:
- Reducing asthma (many users report no longer needing their rescue inhaler)
- Reducing seasonal allergies by cleansing the sinuses
- Coughs and chest congestion
- Improving the respiratory systems of smokers and snorers
- Improving lung function in individuals with cystic fibrosis.
Himalayan salt lamp (Air purification)
Having a Himalayan salt lamp is also beneficial as it offers better sleep, reduces allergic issues, refreshes air, increases energy levels, and improves moods by giving an eco-friendly light source.