(BeWellBuzz) Blood is the most important constituent of the human body. Blood supplies oxygen to the cells, transports nutrients, helps eliminate waste, controls body temperature, heals wounds and fights off infection. Therefore, clean and healthy blood is critical for overall health.
What Is Blood Cleansing?
Blood Cleansing is the process of cleaning and detoxification of the blood. It involves purification of blood by taking oral supplements or fasting. Blood Cleansing aids in the health of the blood and is vital for maintenance of a strong immune system and healthy living.
Why is Blood Cleansing Important?
It is very important to keep the blood pure and clean. Blood Cleansing helps in:
- Removing Harmful Toxins: Toxins are produced due to poor diet, junk food, alcohol, medication, etc. Toxins build hurdles in the natural processing of our system causing weakness and lethargy. Harmful toxins can also cause allergies, low immunity levels, fatigue, headaches and other health related problems. Blood cleansing can help in removing the harmful toxins from the blood.
- Improving Organ Functions: Blood purification helps in proper functioning of our organs such as heart, liver and kidney.
- Improving Blood Transportation: Detoxification of blood helps in improving the transportation of blood and essential minerals, oxygen, and nutrients throughout the body.
- Improving Overall Body Functions: Since blood is what keeps the body alive, it is also the key for overall fitness of the body.
How To Do Blood Cleansing?
Oral Enzyme Supplements: You can cleanse your blood by taking proteolytic enzymes every night before going to bed or before meals.
Blood Cleaning Fast: Blood cleansing can also be achieved by fasting. Your blood cleansing fast has to be planned on a day when you are not going to do any sort of heavy work. Spring and summer are appropriate months to do blood cleansing fasts.
Here is how you can do a blood cleaning fast:
- Make sure you start eating raw vegetables and green drinks a week before starting this planned blood cleaning fast.
- The night before you start your blood cleansing fast eat a plate of green salad. Also, drink one cup of herbal laxative an hour before going to bed. This helps in removing undigested food toxins from your body.
- A half hour before eating breakfast, drink 8 to 10 oz. of pure cranberry juice. You must also drink at least 8 cups of water and juices made of beets, lemons, carrots and leafy greens every day.
- Consume large amounts of blood cleansing herbs that include dandelion, burdock, licorice, rhubarb, sage, shiitake mushroom, ginseng, hawthorn, poke root, sheep sorel, and red clover. These herbs also reduce the risk of cancers and tumors and have been tested to remove all the bad toxins from your body or act as a shield against them. For high blood pressure patients, avoid licorice or ginseng for more than 7 days in a row.
- For your liver and endocrine system, you should eat herbs like barberry, black radish, eyebright, lobelia, milk thistle, wild yam, and yellow dock.
- Cleansing of mucous membranes can be done by taking goldenseal one week at a time. Be careful of your allergies to these herbs. Besides this, Borage seed, ginkgo biloba, and sarsaparilla are very useful in bringing back the acid/alkaline balance.
Some other herbs that are beneficial in cleansing the blood include:
- Chaparral: It kills bacteria and viruses, cleanses the lymph system and the urinary tract. It dissolves many kinds of tumors.
- Burdock Root: Its cleansing action assists kidneys in filtering impurities from the blood. It pushes toxins out of the skin with no side effects.
- Mistletoe: It slows the growth of cancer cells and has anti-diabetic properties.
The blood cleansing fast will last for 3 days. After this, you must avoid sugar, white flour and heated fats and oils for a month.
Before eating your first meal of the day and going to bed, do stretching exercises for your muscles and joints.
A 20-30 minute walk is advised every day during the blood cleansing process which will help in healthy blood flow. Do the inhale-exhale exercise slowly during walking. Sweating while walking will help get rid of toxins through your pores.
Besides exercising, sitting in the sauna for 20-30 minutes every day will help you exercise your lungs helping in healthy blood flow.
In addition, you must refrain from smoking when you are doing your blood cleansing fast. Cleansing your blood through fasting and herbal detoxification can help prevent major diseases and maintain optimal health.