Anyone with even a tiny bit of interest in health matters knows how important Omega 3 is. Fitness enthusiasts stock up on it because of the numerous benefits that it provides. However, in the unlikely scenario that you haven’t heard of Omega 3 or its benefits, here’s a quick look at some of the wonderful ways in which it can help you:
Benefits of Omega 3
- Heart disease – The risk of heart disease goes down significantly with Omega 3 since it helps in lowering LDL, which is the bad cholesterol, and increases levels of HDL, the good cholesterol. Omega 3 lowers the amount of triglycerides and prevents their accumulation as well.
- Cancer – Omega 3 is reputed to reduce the occurrence of cancer, curb the growth of tumors, and boost longevity.
- Immunity – Better immunity is one of the more well-known effects of Omega 3, and those who consume it regularly will know how wonderful it is to fall ill so rarely.
- Improved circulation – Omega 3 also boosts blood circulation in the body.
- Neurological effects – Studies are being conducted on the efficacy of Omega 3 in warding off conditions like Alzheimer’s and ADHD.
- Weight loss – Omega 3 has helped numerous women lose weight, and when taken in one’s diet and supplemented with exercise, it can keep the excess pounds from piling up.
- Pregnancy – Pregnant women can prevent preeclampsia and premature birth by taking Omega 3. This amazing nutrient can also significantly reduce postpartum depression and helps make the fetus healthy.
- Fertility – Omega 3 is being considered as one of the ways in which the quality of sperm can be improved to enhance fertility and increase the chances of conception.
- For Women – Many women have found Omega 3 to be beneficial when it comes to curbing menstrual cramps and even preventing osteoporosis. Omega 3 is also known to help women with menopausal problems.
- Better vision – Omega 3 also affects vision and improves eyesight significantly.
- Reducing inflammation – Most people suffer from pain in the joints and arthritis because of inflammation. Omega 3 can significantly cut down inflammation and the pain associated with it.
- Sharper mind – Omega 3 is food for the brain. It keeps you alert, boosts mental processes, and helps you remain focused even as you age.
Phytoplankton are single celled plants that are the primary food source for animals and fish that live in the ocean. Marine phytoplankton are the basis for all life on earth, and all living beings can be traced back to these simple creatures. Phytoplankton are actually responsible for 90% of the earth’s oxygen and are a crucial component of the food chain since they are the very first source of nutrition for marine animals.
In recent times, scientists have discovered the staggering health benefits of marine phytoplankton. Marine phytoplankton are now considered to be one of the most complete foods that can give the body all the raw materials it needs in the perfect form. The benefits of phytoplankton are innumerable, and you need to know exactly how it can help in promoting your health.
One of the most important nutrients that marine phytoplankton possess are Omega 3 fatty acids- the very same omega 3 that is found abundantly in fish oil.
If fish is the primary source of Omega 3, wouldn’t it be better if we could get Omega 3 from their food source? Marine phytoplankton are the source of Omega 3 for fish, and it could well be one of the best sources of Omega 3 for us humans as well.
Scientists today are growing marine phytoplankton in controlled environments using direct sunlight so that we can benefit from the purest form of phytoplankton that offer as many as 65 nutrients, especially Omega 3.
While most phytoplankton are harvested from the oceans, those grown in sterile and controlled environments are indeed better. It’s easy to consume marine phytoplankton in numerous ways today. These are available as drops which you can swallow, or can be mixed with water too. You can also take phytoplankton supplements, be they capsules or tablets. Marine phytoplankton can also be taken as a juice and even applied on the skin.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.