Coriander has powerful medicinal properties and multiple health benefits across all its forms: fresh herb, dried seeds and oil. Explore more at BeWellBuzz!
Believed by The Chinese to bestow IMMORTALITY – Coriander, or “Coriandrumsativum”, is a powerful herb with many health benefits… earning it the name = “The Wonder Herb”. Coriander has been traced back to 5,000 BC. – with a long history across the Mediterranean, Middle East, and Asia for thousands of years… playing a major part in ancient medicine. Known to cure “small pox”, and with medicinal proprieties documented in Sanskrit and Greek writings, Coriander seeds have an impressive health-supporting reputation matched by very few, even today…
- In parts of Europe, Coriander has traditionally been referred to as an “anti-diabetic” plant.
- In parts of India, it has traditionally been used for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- In the United States, Coriander is quickly gaining popularity for its cholesterol-lowering effects.
Hippocrates, the famous ancient Greek healer who became known as the ‘father of medicine’ – was said to have used and recommended Coriander devoutly. Very popular for its anti-inflammatory proprieties, and is typically known for its aid in remedying a long list of ailments including… smallpox, diarrhea, mouth ulcers, anemia, indigestion, menstrual disorders, conjunctivitis, skin disorders, blood sugar disorders, eye problems, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism, headaches, muscle pain and general stiffness… it has recently shown to have more prominent implications.
As a “gateway to health”, to start, Coriander has potent liver supporting properties and is an excellent source of phytonutrients and flavonoids. Coriander is also a phenomenal source of minerals like potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium. And vitamins – folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A, vitamin K, beta-carotene, and a generous dose of vitamin C — all essential for optimal health.
Coriander Oil Makes Vitamin-D “BETTER”
Vitamin D, no doubt should be a VITAL part of your daily regiment. However, relying on it alone to do its job can be a BIG MISTAKE, and here’s WHY:
- Most supplements do NOT get absorbed properly. (*Vitamin D requires Vitamin K for proper synthesis)
- Vitamin D is a prohormone. (*it requires sufficient “healthy cholesterol” to produce a useable form)
- Vitamin D is “FAT-soluble”. (*Absorption suffers from absence of lipid fats to transport & carry INTO your cells)
- Natural Vitamin D “from the Sun” (*Significantly increase deadly skin cancer risk if omega-3 & antioxidant deficient)
How Coriander Oil Solves “Vitamin-D Problems”…
- Fat Lipids – Because Vitamin-D is “fat soluble”, it is best taken and absorbed with healthy fats. Coriander seeds contain 28.4% of seed weight – in total lipids! **An additional high & wide-range of the healthiest lipids can be achieved by combining 5-SEED BLEND, or FLAX OIL as well if desired.
- Vitamin K (and A) – One serving of Coriander contains roughly 400% your RDV of Vitamin-K. (*Coriander Oil is concentrated nutrition with amplified potency) So taking a few drops of Coriander Oil with your Vitamin D also further maximizes absorption and synthesis in your body! There is also sufficient reports of a necessary presence of Vitamin-A, in conjunction with Vitamin-K for proper Vitamin-D assimilation – luckily Coriander Oil also contains an excess of RDV in one serving!
- Cholesterol – Not only can Coriander help your body produce ample amounts of “healthy cholesterol”, which aids in Vitamin D production, but studies show it actually LOWERS bad cholesterol!
- Stomach – Coriander Oil helps with the secretion of enzymes and digestive juices in the stomach, thus stimulating peristaltic motion, and overall digestion. And also because of it’s antioxidant, anti-fungal, and “antibiotic” effects, Coriander Oil has shown to help increase absorption in the stomach. A useful by-product when supplementing oral Vitamin-D!
- Immune Health – Pathogens in the body put stress on the immune system and can affect Vitamin-D levels. Coriander’s powerful antibiotic effects help keep pathogens at bay!
- Heavy Metals – Common toxic metals like mercury, lead, aluminum and cadmium – impair your body’s ability to produce sufficient Vitamin-D. Coriander Oil has shown to be the most potent natural chelator of toxic metals known and to aid removal of mercury, cadmium, aluminum and lead from the body! *Vitamin-D CANNOT remove heavy metals, and therefore continually depletes and is rendered useless!
- Skin Cancer – Getting “natural Vitamin D” from the Sun is surely the best way, yet poses great skin cancer risks if you are Antioxidant and/or Omega 3 deficient! And actually, omega-3 fat deficiencies are a far more significant risk factor for deadly skin cancers than sun exposure! Coriander Oil provides you with a great source of Antioxidants at – 5,598 μmol TE per “food dose”, due to its trepene and terpenoid components – thus multiplied potency as a concentrated Oil! Regarding Omega 3’s, Coriander oil has shown to increase the bodies natural bioconversion of alpha-linoleic acid to EPA and DHA, in animal studies.
**A high-Omega 3 source can always be additionally supplemented with our FLAX SEED OIL, or our 5-SEED BLEND – which contains about quarter proportions of Flax, Coriander, and also highest in antioxidants – BLACK SESAME.
Like a Guard Dog – Coriander Oil Protects From Toxic Intruders…
DIABETES – In 2009, type 2 diabetes affected 285 million worldwide. Today, in 2014 it affects 365 million worldwide! Due the stimulating effect of Coriander Oil on the endocrine glands, the secretion of insulin is increased from the pancreas, increasing the insulin levels in the blood. This regulates the proper assimilation and absorption of sugar and results in healthier blood sugar levels.
CHRONIC DISEASE – Metals are the #1 known contributor to Chronic Diseases – such as Chrons disease, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s. Coriander has shown to be a potent mobilizer of mercury, cadmium, lead and aluminum from the bones and central nervous system.
It is also the ONLY known substance known to get “inside entry” to the cell – dislodging toxic metals attached to cell organelles, from within the nucleus of the cell – and actually reversing the DNA damage caused!**Best taken 30-min prior to eating food containing fiber, or clean source of Chlorella.
DIGESTIVE HEALTH – Due to its ability to “clean up” heavy metals, and because of it’s “powerful anti fungal” properties – killing back Candida Albican overgrowth and accompanying digestive invaders, along with it’s natural ability to influence acid production & enzyme secretion in the stomach – Coriander Oil makes for a “golden gut”.
MENTAL STABILITY & EMOTIONAL DISORDERS – The essential oil in coriander is believed to stimulate creativity, optimism and imagination. Studies have even shown that high-doses of Coriander cause mild euphoria – assigning it the nickname – ‘dizzy corn’.
Coriander has also been used to treat insomnia and anxiety & panic attacks because of its sedative effects, along with depression and other psychological and emotional disorders. Coriander Oil has also shown to promote good memory, and may help reduce Alzheimer’s.
HIGH CHOLESTEROL – Consuming Coriander Oil daily reduces the amount of damaged fats (lipid peroxides) in the cell membranes. Studies have shown it to lower bad cholesterol levels, and increase good cholesterol levels. A study in rats demonstrated that Corianders combination of it’s linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid and ascorbic acid (vitamin-C) are effective in also reducing cholesterol deposits along the inner walls of the arteries and veins.
HEART DISEASE – Coriander Oil consumption has been shown to reduce blood pressure in patients suffering from hypertension. The interaction of Calcium ions and cholinergic, a neurotransmitter in the peripheral and central nervous system, more commonly know as acetylcholine. The interaction of two elements, Calcium ions and acetylcholine, relaxes blood vessel tension, thus reduces the number of cardiovascular conditions, including heart attacks and strokes.
CANCER – Coriander contains coriandrol, a substance used to treat liver cancer. When combined with a healthy diet, Coriander is believed to be effective in preventing certain cancers such as liver, breast and colon cancer. We believe everyone seeking “optimal health” needs to incorporate this Coriander Oil into their daily ritual.