Coca-Cola is one of the most well recognized words in the world, and is only second to the word “hello.” This might be explained by the fact that this brand is the most valuable product ever known. Even though it is one of the world’s favorite beverages, it is poisonous to human metabolism, and has an acidity level that closely resembles battery acid that makes it just as effective as a lot of toxic household cleaners.
In many third world countries, Coke is more readily accessible and cheaper than gaining access to clean water. Although public relations propaganda campaigns have convinced many nations and their consumers that Coke is an environmentally friendly company, the truth is that it has been linked to disease, water shortages and pollution.
Comparisons of folks who rarely if ever consumed sodas against those who regularly indulge in soft drinks shows that the latter are at 48% greater risk for having strokes and heart attacks. In addition to that, the journal Respirology published a study showing the consumption of soft drinks has been linked to lung conditions such as asthma and COPD.
3-Stage Process Of Bone Calcium Loss Due To Soft Drink Carbonation
- Carbonation causes stomach irritation
- To soothe stomach irritation, calcium, a natural antacid, is pulled from the blood.
- This causes lower blood calcium levels, so the body replenishes it by taking some from the bones. Calcium is essential for the brain and muscles to function properly.
The story goes on from here. Coke represents another problem. Phosphoric acid, which is different from the carbon dioxide which creates the carbonation, is added to most batches. This ingredient also draws from the body’s supply of calcium.
3 ways in which Coke softens bones making them brittle and weak:
- The carbonation removes calcium from the bones.
- The phosphoric acid removes calcium from the bones.
- Other calcium-containing beverages such as milk and water are replaced by soda.
Just a couple of generations back, esophageal cancer was a rare occurrence, but that isn’t true today. Here is how this has happened:
- In the same way asbestos particles cause lung cancer, the mechanical damage to cells caused by Coke poses a risk factor for esophageal cancer.
- Acid reflux, a condition where stomach acid moves its way past the esophageal valve, is caused by all soft drinks. This is accentuated when lying in a horizontal position. With so many people in the USA consuming soft drinks like Coke, acid reflux has reached dangerous levels. Any person who ingests carbonated beverages can expect to belch acid into the esophagus. Ever wonder how much acid is too much? Research has not yet turned up evidence enough to point to a recommended limit.
- The purpose for stomach acid is dissolving swallowed tissue. The stomach lining is resistant to this damage, but it doesn’t extend into the esophagus. That means the lower part of the esophagus is subject to damaged from stomach acid more often in those that drink soft drinks than in those who don’t. The result of this is increased cell mutations and higher levels of free radicals in this vital area of the body.
20 Practical Coke Uses
Similar to acidic cleaners, the acid content of Coke wears away tooth enamel. This leaves teeth at risk to decay. Some acidity tests performed on soft drinks have shown specific ones have pH levels as low as 2.5. For a better understanding of what this means, water has a pH of 7 while the pH of battery acid is 1.
Here are 20 practical ways in which Coke can be used as a household cleaner.
- Great for cleaning grease stains from fabric.
- Loosens rusty bolts, and removes rust from fabrics.
- You can remove blood stains from fabrics using Coke.
- Soak oil stains on garage floors in Coke and then hosed it off for a clean floor.
- The acid in Coke can be used to kill slugs and snails.
- Clean burned pans by soaking them in Coke.
- The scales on kettles can be cleaned away using Coke.
- Pouring Coke on car battery terminals will remove corrosion.
- For decades, Coke distributors have used their product to clean truck engines.
- Old pennies shine after being soaked in Coke.
- Soak tile grout in Coke for a few minutes and then wipe it clean.
- Test it for yourself. Drop a tooth into a sealed container of Coke and watch it dissolve. It will take time but it will dissolve.
- Dip hair that has gum in it into a bowl of Coke and let sit a few minutes. This will dissolve the gum so that it can be wiped away.
- Coke applied to vitreous china will remove stains.
- Add two 2-liter bottles of Coke to a dirty pool to clear away rust stains.
- Pouring diet Coke over dyed hair removes or fades color.
- Apply Coke to marker stains on carpets and then scrub with soapy water.
- Clean toilet bowls by letting Coke stand in them a while then flush clean.
- Aluminum foil and Coke will shine Chrome.
- Soaking a towel in Coke and then laying it on painted metal furniture will strip the paint away.
If Coke can do all this to household items imagine what it is doing to your body!