If you are suffering from chronic symptoms of Candida yeast overgrowth, such as brain fog, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, allergies, rashes, yeast infections, fatigue, strong sugar cravings etc., you need to commit to the “Candida Diet”.
What is the Candida Diet?
The Candida Diet eliminates all sugar, most starch and cooked, fermented condiments and alcohol that feed Candida. It also includes probiotics (cultured cabbage), which repopulate the good guys and antifungals (coconut oil, garlic, oregano), which kill the excess fungus.
There are many conflicting rules out there about the Diet, which can make your foggy brain even more confused. Should you eat fruit or stay away from it? What about brown rice?
The Body Ecology Diet worked for me. I also adjusted it to my needs. For example, my body didn’t want raw apple cider vinegar, milk kefir or any grains but it did want pumpkin soup.
Listen to Your Body
Once you find the right Candida Diet for you, make sure you listen to your body. I don’t mean listen to your Candida and emotions craving sugar and give in to a chocolate bar. I mean listen to when you eat something that is in question (for example, grains or fruit) and either your symptoms flare up or it makes you crave more. Those are signs you may not be ready to eat that type of food right now.
If you jump straight into the strict “anti-pleasure” diet without the necessary mental preparation you may easily give into cravings and feel powerless.
10 Ways to Stay Committed to The Candida Diet:
1. Embrace your symptoms as a gift to show you what you need.
2. Accept that you need to give up your favorite foods, for as long as it takes, while you are healing.
3. Believe you can heal yourself.
4. Set your intention, journal your motivation, write out why you want to heal yourself.
5. Imagine the sugar/coffee/bread feeding your symptoms and make better choices.
6. Strengthen your willpower; your desire to heal needs to be stronger than your taste buds’ desire for instant gratification.
7. Feel empowered instead of victimized by this healing diet.
8. Tell your friends and family you are taking this brave path and ask for their support (you may find out who your true friends really are).
9. Pause before you binge to numb your uncomfortable emotions and ask yourself what you need (scream, cry, journal, go for a walk, call a friend, meditate, etc.).
10. Stay empowered, focus on what is good in your life and try not to feel sorry for yourself.
Remember, the Candida Diet won’t starve the yeast, it will help you to stop feeding your symptoms and numbing your emotions. The message from Candida is to show you it’s time for you to take care of your emotional needs.