If you are experiencing cravings for sugar, alcohol and bread, you may have an overgrowth of candida. Candida albicans is a type of yeast that normally inhabits the mouth, intestines and throat. It is a normal part of the intestines’ micro flora (the microbes that coexist with us, often found in our lower digestive
tract). However, it may become pathogenic (disease-causing microbes) when there is a disturbance in the balance of flora.
An imbalance of gut flora is caused by the following:
- Processed foods
- Mercury/amalgam fillings
- Food items, chewing gum, and even toothpaste
- Food allergies (gluten/wheat and dairy)
- Dairy products
- Chlorinated water
- Birth control pills
- Artificial sweeteners of any kind (found in “diet” beverages)
- Antibiotics (from medications and/or meat)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Agricultural chemicals and pesticides
- Acne medication
Once the “friendly” bacteria is reduced, the immune system weakens and the yeast multiplies (fed by a diet high in sugar and processed food). Then the Candida albicans will shift from yeast form to fungal form and start to invade the body.
Candida fungus could be the X factor for why you can’t lose weight, are bloated and feel fatigued. Sugar is not only feeding your stress level, but is also feeding your candida. So in order to regain your energy you will have to cleanse your body and stop feeding your cravings.
How to cleanse candida
- Stop using drugs (see list above)
- Remove amalgam fillings
- Follow a candida control diet (eliminate sugar, juice, sweet fruit, gluten/bread products, vinegar, soy, alcohol, coffee, dairy)
- Repopulate your good bacteria (with probiotics and cultured cabbage)
- Enhance your digestion (eat slowly, chew well and take digestive enzymes)
- Cleanse your colon and liver
- Rotate antifungal candida cleansing herbs
- Practice emotional empowerment (feeling is healing)
The food and substances you will need to eliminate are most likely the
things you love to eat and drink. It’s actually the candida, not you,
craving them. You may also not want to give them up because they have
been what you “use” to comfort or numb your emotions. Once you take your power back from the candida, you will be free of cravings and numbing. Seek professional help with emotional stress, unresolved trauma and abuse.