A health care plan is useful to cover medical expenses for such things as accidents, pregnancies and illnesses. But you can’t rely on it to take care of your health. The only way to improve your health, and reduce your health care costs, is developing a self-care plan. A traditional health care plan is improperly named, as it does not care for your health. What a health care plan does is pay a percentage of your medical bills when you are already sick. If you are a regular at the doctor’s office and pharmacy then you are treating and covering up symptoms. Instead, listen to what your body is trying to tell you and discover the causes of your ailments.
Begin your self-care plan with journal writing. List all of your physical and emotional symptoms. Accept where you are today and reflect on how you got here. Take responsibility for how your choices are affecting your health.
Ask yourself these questions to uncover what is blocking you from good health.
- Do I care more about work and making money than taking care of myself?
- Do I take care of other people’s needs before mine?
- Do I complain and make excuses?
- Am I eating, drinking and shopping for instant gratification (to be happy) while numbing emotions?
- Am I passionate about my life?
- Do I want to be healthy? Why?
- Do I believe I can be healthy, fit and happy? Why?
Now that you are mentally prepared to embrace your healthy self, it’s time to create your self-care plan.
Create your self-care plan to improve and restore your health, prevent disease and stimulate joy!
- Read, research and reflect on the causes of your illnesses and symptoms.
- Stop treating and suppressing your symptoms and start detoxing your body and mind.
- See a holistic doctor who uses applied kinesiology to test what herbs and supplements your body needs to regain your health.
- Hire a wellness coach and enlist your friends to support your lifestyle change.
- Drink filtered water with lemon and forget about your addiction to empty calories in soda and other flavored beverages.
- Drink green tea and yerba mate tea instead of coffee.
- Reduce and eliminate alcohol, drugs, wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar, processed and fried foods to allow your body to cleanse and heal.
- Eat organic whole foods (fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts, eggs, lean protein and quinoa) to boost your health, immune system and energy.
- Exercise, sweat and move your body daily to release toxins and stress.
- Do what you are passionate about and what brings you joy.
- Be optimistic; focus on the positive and what is good, develop an attitude of gratitude.
- Detox from being busy; practice quiet stillness, being present and flowing with the waves of change.
- Practice random acts of kindness.
- Meditate on self-acceptance and self-love.
- Smile and laugh, a lot!
The health care solution is in your hands. Don’t waste your life by following the doctor’s orders and what everyone else is eating and thinking. Connect to your inner power and wisdom. Love yourself so much that you can be strong and break free from toxic habits. Heal your body, mind and emotions from the past to create the life you truly desire from your heart.