The fact that we live in an increasingly toxic environment which includes contaminated air, water, and food especially implies we must detox often. It may be wise to engage in a short-term detox, ideally upon seasonal changes, or at least once a year.
This article offers some seven suggestions that you can creatively mix and match if desired. But first, stop consuming toxins. That includes all processed foods, junk foods, sugar and sugar substitutes, and fluoridated water. (http://www.naturalnews.com/026364_fluoride_pineal_gland_sodium.html)
You may experience a Herxheimer reaction (Herx) or so-called “healing crisis” as the toxins are released into the body’s blood to be eliminated. The Herx may include flu-like symptoms, headaches, joint aches and pains, diarrhea, and weakness.
You can help yourself through it by increasing your purified or distilled water intake, resting more, and using one of the enemas in (7).
(1) The lemon water-cayenne-maple syrup fast: Here’s an excellent short-term way that can go a few days. It’s a challenge for the chronic snacker, but usually very effective. It also gives your gastrointestinal (GI) tract a healing rest.
This combination provides you with the liver flushing power, energy, and minerals.
Go to the point of a Herx event, get through it, then come out of the healing crisis feeling better than before. Just make sure you gradually segue into eating healthy foods by starting with easily digested organic produce.
(2) Juicing fast: This also gives your GI tract a break from hard work to heal itself. If you have a blender, mix some organic veggies with greens and purified water, then strain out the bulk fibers to make the solution totally liquid.
The Gerson cancer healing method relies on juicing heavily. Follow the same steps and rules as (1) above. (http://www.naturalnews.com/027004_cancer_coffee_juice.html)
If you feel like investing in a juicer, the cheapest ones are actually better. Those are the slow speed masticating juicers. The single auger ones are adequate. They automatically eliminate the bulk fibers putting out pure juice, even when juicing carrots.
(3) Heavy metal detoxing: You can juice with organic cilantro from a juicer or blender, and add powdered chlorella (the least expensive form). Cilantro and chlorella actually chelate heavy metals, including mercury.
You can also drink chlorella powder with water and lots of lime/lemon. Make sure you’re drinking lots of water and eliminating thoroughly to prevent those heavy metals from relocating into other organs.
(4) Bentonite clay is useful for removing heavy metals and other toxins. It can be consumed internally to detox the GI tract, or externally by soaking in a bentonite clay solution. Find much more here. (http://www.naturalnews.com/025854_clay_body_detox.html)
(5) Sweating it out with niacin. Niacin makes your skin flush red, which can be temporarily uncomfortable. But increasing niacin doses to high tolerance levels for several days ruptures fat cells. Fat cells hold toxins to protect against organ contamination.
When they break and release toxins, they have to be released from the body completely. How that’s done is explained further here. (http://www.naturalnews.com/033168_niacin_detoxification.html)
(6) Apple fasting detox is accomplished by eating only organic apples for three days while drinking lots of pure water. Optional flush: The morning after with an empty stomach, drink two ounces of fresh orange juice mixed thoroughly with an equal amount of castor oil for bowel flushing. Stay home and keep drinking water.
(7) Enemas: Colon cleansing is where you lie on the right side of your body and retain the liquid for 20 or so minutes. (http://www.naturalnews.com/colon_cleansing.html)
Liver cleansing, using a solution of organic high caffeine, lightly roasted coffee while lying on your left side. (http://www.naturalnews.com)
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036985_detox_toxic_chemicals_environmental_exposure.html#ixzz24wKlrACG