The melon and cucumber help to hydrate you, while the salt and mint aid in settling your stomach.
I haven’t been on a bender since well before I had kids. But sometimes I’ll get “overserved” at an event, or a new cocktail might leave me a bit more bleary-eyed than I’d like. That’s when I turn to this refreshing concoction. The melon and cucumber help to hydrate you, while the salt and mint aid in settling your stomach.
Watermelon-Cucumber Hangover Cure
- 2 cups (300g) cubed watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) peeled and sliced cucumber, any variety
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 liter sparkling water
- chilled agave nectar, light or dark (optional)
- Ice, for serving
1. Combine the watermelon, cucumber, lime juice, salt, and mint in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing to release all the liquid.
3. Into a tall glass filled with ice, pour 1⁄2 cup (125ml) of the watermelon mixture and top with 1⁄2 cup (125ml) or more of the sparkling water. Stir in agave to taste, if using.
Sip slowly until you’ve recovered. Have another glass if you need it.
Store any remaining cooler covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Stir well before drinking.