I have been cooking for BeWellBuzz creators, Larry and Oksana, for almost a month now and decided to share with you a few delicious healthy breakfast recipes. They are healthy, easy to make, balanced and yummy :-).
1. Polenta Benedict With Poached Egg and Tomato Beurre Blanc
- Sauce Pan
- Slotted Spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Slotted Spoon
- Coffee Cup
Tomato Beurre Blanc Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. Shallots
- 1 tsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1/3 C Heavy Cream
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1/3 C White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 C White Dry Wine
– Cook Shallots and EVOO for 7 mins until translucent
– Add tomato paste, White Wine Vinegar and Wine and bring to a boil.
– Reduce boil to simmer for 10 mins until half is reduced.
– Add cold butter and whisk smooth.
– Add heavy cream and turn off heat.
– Strain thru slotted spoon into coffee cup and serve immediately (if you reheat, strain again onto cheesecloth to remove any butter impurities).
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 C Kale
- 1 Polenta Round (Store Bought or Make your own and lay onto a sheet tray until firm then cut with a cookie cutter).
- 1/2 C Tomato Beurre Blanc
- 1 c H2o
– Heat Kale with tsp EVOO and S/P. Set aside in a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
– Bring saucepan to boil with h20 and then bring down to a simmer. When it simmers, take your spoon and create a vortex by swirling h20 and crack egg into it. This will ensure the cracked egg stays in tack. Let is simmer for 3 mins.
– Heat polenta round on both sides until golden brown then take off heat and transfer to plate and add the kale.
– Using the slotted spoon sprinkle h20 from saucepan onto the egg yolk to continue to poach it thru then take the slotted spoon and lift it off pan and onto the plate.
– Garnish with the Tomato Beurre Blanc
2. Morning Hash With Over Easy Eggs and Pan Gravy
- (2) Sauté Pans
- 1/2 c (choice) root vegetables (small dice)
- 1/2 c broccoli rabe (small dice)
- 3-4oz of your protein choice (small dice)
- 1/3 c minced fresh herbs
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Eggs
– Heat pan to med heat. Add evoo and root vegetables. Cook for 7-10 mins or until almost soft.
– Add protein and cook for 5 mins.
– Add broccoli rabe and cook thru. Remove hash from heat and plate.
– Turn on heat onto 2nd sauté pan and add the butter, and let it melt a bit. Add the flour to make a roux.
– Add Veg stock and simmer for 3 mins. Turn off heat and add heavy cream.
– Using 1st sauce pan, melt butter over med heat and add 2 eggs. Cook for 2 mins on each side and remove from heat. Serve onto plate.