We all know there are many undiscovered secrets from the Sea. But what you might not know is that Marine Phytoplankton may just be the most important living thing on earth.
How powerful is this tiny superfood plant?
- Studies show marine phytoplankton produces between 50 and 90 percent of the earth’s oxygen.1
- The nutritional content and power of phytoplankton are the basis for energy for almost all marine life in the world’s oceans.2
These supercharged micro-algae, similar to spirulina and chlorella, are living food. They are also the original source of Omega-3s. Phytoplankton synthesizes omega-3 fatty acids that are subsequently consumed by other marine life.
And they can help you boost your immunity through the roof.
The same way phytoplankton do it for themselves… by generating huge amounts of the premiere free-radical fighter called superoxide dismutase, or SOD.3
It rules over your body’s immune system and is your number one primary antioxidant. As an antioxidant, it’s the most powerful your body has.
Antioxidants that come from vitamins and food sources pale in comparison.
SOD safeguards your DNA, the blueprint your body uses to build every organ, tissue and cell in your body. It supports your immune system and fights off the devastating forces of aging. No other antioxidant even comes close to that kind of power.
Studies show that animals producing the highest levels of SOD live the healthiest lives over the longest period of time.
To increase your production of SOD, you can get more of a compound called tyrosol in some green tea and olive oil extract supplements. Rhodiola extracts also have a bit of tyrosol in them.
You can also eat sweet potatoes, which have the minerals you need to make SOD in your body.
Marine Phytoplankton has a very high SOD content. But until now, if you wanted to get SOD through phytoplankton, the only way it was available was to get it after it’s been passed up through the food chain and became diluted many times.
Today you can get phytoplankton’s SOD boost through a good supplement. Here are a few things to look for:
- There are over 40,000 species of marine phytoplankton… but only about 200 have any benefit for us humans.
- You can also suspend the phytoplankton in liquid, and it’s a bit easier to use this way. You can add drops of it to fresh juices mixes or any elixir.
- Liquid marine phytoplankton has a cell wall that is quickly digestible. That means the SOD it delivers will be absorbable and bioavailable at a cellular level.
One of the best liquid phytoplankton SOD supplements I know of is from Ocean’s Alive. It uses two special strains of phytoplankton.
Activation Products, the makers of Ocean’s Alive, chose these 2 strains of Marine Phytoplankton because these particular types of marine phytoplankton generate the highest levels of SOD.
Also, you can get phytoplankton from straight seawater, but it’s inefficient, and may not be pure and free from environmental impurities. Ocean’s Alive produces their phytoplankton using photo-bioreactors. This produces a pure super-concentrated mass of phytoplankton that is rich with SOD.
Plus the strains in Ocean’s Alive use a lot of astaxanthin, another potent antioxidant, and zeaxanthin, an important carotenoid for your eyes.
1. Dudai N, Weinstein Y, Krup M, Rabinski T, Ofir R. “Citral is a new inducer of caspase-3 in tumor cell lines.” Planta Med. 2005;71(5):484-8.
2. Thangam R, et. al. “Activation of intrinsic apoptotic signaling pathway in cancer cells by Cymbopogon citratus polysaccharide fractions.” Carbohydr Polym. 2014;107:138-50.
3. Halabi M, Sheikh B. “Anti-proliferative effect and phytochemical analysis of Cymbopogon citratus extract.” Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:906239