- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Muesli is primarily a breakfast cereal made from wheat flakes, oats, fruits as well as nuts. Muesli is an excessively rich source of vitamins, proteins, fiber, trace elements as well as minerals.
There are two kinds of Muesli which are commonly used:
1. Dried: The dried muesli is the one that you often see and buy from the supermarkets. You can easily have dried muesli by mixing it in cold or hot milk, chocolate drink, yogurt and coffee. Some people also have it with water.
2. Fresh: The fresh muesli is made by soaking oats overnight in plain water or fresh fruit juice and blended with fruits like apple or banana the morning after.
The benefits of Muesli are:
1. Muesli is an excessively rich source of insoluble and soluble fiber which is helpful in reducing the cholesterol.
2. The sudden fluctuations in the sugar levels can be stabilized with the soluble fiber present in muesli.
3. The oats and nuts present in muesli constitute of a phytochemical known as lignans. This phytochemical agent helps in reducing the chances of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and prostate cancer.
4. Having muesli everyday successfully reduces hypertension and helps a person reduce the dosage of antidepressant medication. In the long run muesli may be helpful in getting you off antidepressants completely.
5. Muesli helps in reducing and stabilizing high blood pressure.
6. Muesli assists in curing bacterial infection at a much faster speed.
7. Muesli assists in maintaining the correct Body Mass Index if you have it in breakfast every day.
8. Muesli is an extremely rich source of minerals which increases the metabolism of a person.
9. Muesli is a rich source of proteins which helps in strengthening the bone and improving the health of the hair.
10. The presence of insoluble fiber reduces the chances of cancer of gastro intestinal tract by reducing carcinogens in it.
11. Muesli helps in preventing the accumulation of plaque.
12. Muesli helps in detoxification of the body.
13. Muesli helps in increasing the libido of a person.
14. Muesli is a very good source of calcium.
15. Muesli mixed with cinnamon helps in curing cold and cough and other related mild discomforts.
16. Having muesli with fresh fruits helps in making the skin healthier and increasing the glow of the skin.
17. The carbohydrates present in muesli provide energy for a longer period of time.
18. The presence of beta glucan in muesli helps in healing wounds at a much faster rate.
19. Muesli is helpful in reducing the chances of diseases of the old age like arthritis or rheumatism.
20. Muesli being a good source of omega 3 fatty acids aids in the development of nervous system.
21. Fresh muesli is enriched with extra nutrients because of the fruits mixed in it, hence, it helps in strengthening the immune system and fighting seasonal ailments.
22. The presence of folic acid in muesli vitalizes the red blood cells.
23. The fiber in muesli absorbs water and increases in size, thus, leaving very little or no space at all for more food in the stomach. After eating muesli you will not feel hungry for a longer time and will help you reduce weight.
24. The manganese present in muesli along with low saturated fats makes your heart healthier and protects against heart ailments.
- Share On Facebook
- Share On Twitter
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.