An improper functioning of the thyroid gland results in a health condition referred to as Hypothyroidism and this can be avoided through natural cures for hypothyroidism. When the body lacks a hormone known as thyroxine it causes the thyroid gland to malfunction. Hypothyroidism is one of the several health problem related to thyroid gland. Several symptoms of Hypothyroidism are tiredness, depression, anxiety, lack of focus and sudden weight gain. It is quite unnerving for those who are suffering from Hypothyroidism. The following natural cures for Hypothyroidism can help you avoid the condition and manage the symptoms better.
Many people all around the world are turning to natural cures for Hypothyroidism and other diseases. The following natural cures for Hypothyroidism help maintain the optimum production of thyroxin and treat the disease. Now it is your turn to try one or more of the following home cures and heal yourself the natural way.
1. Bladderwrack Herb: Lack of iodine in the diet is one of the most common causes of hypothyroidism. Having hundred grams of Bladderwrack herb twice in a day will help increase the iodine level which is very important to maintain the right thyroxin levels. You can have Bladderwrack Herb in the form of herbal tea or even capsules.
2. Black Walnut: this nut helps in increasing the production of thyroxin which is helpful in treating hypothyroidism. Having black walnut in your diet every day will help cure and avoid hypothyroidism.
3. Ashwagandha: this herb is very famously used in Ayurvedic treatments. Have five hundred mg of this herb three times in a day for proper functioning of the stress hormones.
4. Black Cohosh: this is another popular herb used as natural cures for hypothyroidism. This herb helps in increasing the level of estrogen in the body which helps in proper production of thyroxin hormone.
5. Avoid certain foods: Foods like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, soybeans as well as mustard interfere with the normal production of thyroxin hormone in the human body. Avoiding them for some time is the best option.
6. Have more proteins: Increase the servings of food which are rich in proteins in your diet to cure hypothyroidism. Protein rich food has tyrosine which helps with the production of thyroxin. Helpful protein rich foods are fish, lean meat, oats and dairy products. But all protein rich foods are not helpful like soy as it exhausts the fatty acids required to treat hypothyroidism.
7. Flaxseed oil and Evening Primrose oil: These two oils are good natural cures for Hypothyroidism. These two oils have fatty acids and if you take one teaspoon of it every day them this will help you retain your health. These are very efficient natural cures for hypothyroidism.
8. Kelp: kelp is a water plant which helps in maintaining proper levels of thyroxin hormone and helps in curing hypothyroidism. This plant is also helpful in improving the metabolism and manages weight issues better.
9. Exercise: Exercise everyday without fail. A sedentary lifestyle also contributes to hypothyroidism. Start with mild exercises like walking and jogging. You can also take yoga lessons to get in better shape and improve your health.
10. Sunlight: Get fair amount of sunshine to increase vitamin D in the body. This indirectly increases the calcium levels in your body and helps in treating tiredness caused by hypothyroidism.
11. Have Vitamin A rich foods like carrots and green leafy veggies to increase the levels of thyroxin in the body. Thus, these foods will totally be great natural cures for Hypothyroidism.
References^ depression (herbscancure.com)^ anxiety (herbscancure.com)^ Ashwagandha (herbscancure.com)^ stress (herbscancure.com)^ kelp (herbscancure.com)^ Hypothyroidism (technorati.com)^ Natural Cures For Hypothyroidism (herbscancure.com)^ natural remedies (herbscancure.com)