Exotic and sweet, jasmine is a highly sought after oil. Its historic use goes back centuries. In ancient India, jasmine was (and still is) used for for ceremonial purposes. The Chinese used jasmine to cleanse the atmosphere that surrounded the sick. A good hostess also made sure to have jasmine on hand to give to inebriated guests to clear their heads. Modern uses for jasmine include childbirth, depression, respiration, and fertility.
The goal of all the essential oils is to help the body naturally heal itself through the use of aromatherapy or as a topical ointment that can be rubbed into the skin.
Most people will notice that after using this essential oil that their body generally feels a lot better and they can walk around during the day feeling much more confident than they did before. A body that feels much better will be a body that leads to less depression and more happiness for an extended period of time.
Your general feeling about life will improve when you use essential oils because they are aimed at improving a few different things about your life. This definitely isn’t something that is going to make all of your problems go away, but you will be able to alleviate a few major problems you have been having. Usually most of the problems that are in someone’s life are related somehow, so you should try and find a way to improve your life as a whole over time.
But this flower has much more to offer than just sweet smell and romantic feelings. So lets look at all the amazing health benefits jasmine essential oils can offer.
- Anti Depressant: The aroma of this oil has a pleasing, uplifting effect on mind and fights depression. This makes you feel happy and awakens romantic and poetic feelings in you.
- Anti Septic: It is a very good anti septic and disinfectant. Its constituents like Benzaldehyde, Benzoic Acid and Benzyl Benzoate have very effective germicidal, bactericidal, fungicidal and anti viral properties. When externally applied on wounds, it prevents it from being septic and effectively checks infection from tetanus.
- Anti Spasmodic: Jasmine Essential oil is good in treating and relaxing spasms. It gives quick relief from spasmodic coughs, cramps, congestions, asthma, breathlessness and even spasmodic cholera as well as intestinal cramps and pains resulting from spasm.
- Aphrodisiac: Actually it is the Aphrodisiac property of Jasmine Essential Oil that makes you feel romantic. This oil brings you in mood for love and also enhances your libido. It also helps cure problems such as premature ejaculation, frigidity, impotency etc.
- Cicatrisant: Worried about the scar marks, after spots left by boils, acne, wounds, pox etc.? Give a try to jasmine essential oil. It can help to fade away of those scar marks and spots. It can also help you against those fat cracks.
- Expectorant: The expectorant property of jasmine essential oil can help you have a better and sound-less sleep even when you are suffering from cough and cold. It gives relief from cough by helping clear the accumulation of phlegm in the respiratory tracts as well as from snoring by clearing congestion of nasal and respiratory tracts. So you don’t need to keep awake and cough endlessly at night, nor do you have to snore.
- Emenagogue: This property is meant to give relief to those women who suffer from irregular, obstructed and painful menses or an untimely menopause. The emenagogue property of jasmine oil makes periods regular and less painful, and also help push back menopause. It also gives relief from the other problems associated with menses such as fatigue, annoyance, nausea etc.
- Galactogogue: It increases milk secretions from breasts and thus is very good for lactating mothers and the feeding babies. This property also helps protect from breast tumors or breast cancer.
- Parturient: This oil can ease birth and reduce labor pain.
- Sedative: It calms down body, mind and soul and brings forth your positive and constructive emotions. It gives relief from anxiety, stress, anger and depression.
- Uterine: This oil is good for uterine health as it tones it up and promotes flow of certain hormones which ensure good health and proper functioning of uterus. It also helps protect it from tumors, particularly after menopause, by restricting flow of estrogen.
- Other Benefits: It is good for skin and keeps it smooth and free from cracks. It can be used to free people from narcotic and other addictions. It also cures muscle pain.