Arthritis is a health condition where the joints of the body are damaged. Arthritis is accompanied by severe joint pains which are known as arthralgia. People in their old age are more prone to joint problems. People over 55 suffer from arthritis more often.
The Causes of arthritis:
The cause of arthritis is still not determined; however immune system is a big player in the development of this health problem. Rheumatoid arthritis happens due to dysfunctional immune system response, the cause of which is not fully known. Genes also have a lot to do with the development of arthritis. However, it is also known that arthritis directly is not passed on from one generation to the next, the causes might be. There are lots of factors which contribute to the development of arthritis. Some of these factors may be unhealthy lifestyle habits like smoking and lack of exercises, the way the genes function and a weak immune system.
Symptoms of arthritis:
The symptoms of arthritis include inability to move the joints to its full capacity and pain in the joints. Arthritis may also cause inflammation of the joint which may be recognized by redness, swelling and stiffness of the joints. The stiffness is more profound in the morning. Sometimes, the inflamed joints may become very tender. People suffering from arthritis may also develop health problems which are not directly related to the joints like fever, swelling of the lymph nodes, unexplained weight loss and tiredness.
Simple home cures for arthritis:
Knowledge of herbal cures for people who suffer from arthritis is greatly helpful. There are many herbs which are used to treat joint problems for many centuries. For example, ginger is known to provide relief from the symptoms of arthritis when consumed on an everyday basis. A healthy diet also plays a significant role in the development of arthritis. Just by adding some foods in your everyday diet and elimination some foods from your diet can help provide relief in arthritis. Studies have indicated that foods such as sugar, starch, saturated fats and cayenne pepper aggravate the arthritis and make the symptoms worse.
1. According to Ayurveda ama is to be digested and Vata has to be reduced from the human body. For digesting ama fasting one day in a week is highly beneficial. Plus, one must improve his overall diet to get relief.
2. Have 1/4 cup of black cherry juice everyday to get relief in arthritis. Continue to do so for four months for visible relief. Even after you have get sufficient relief from drinking black cherry juice you must continue for as long as you can for lifelong benefits.
4. An effective way of avoiding constant joint pains is to soak a teaspoon of black sesame seeds in ¼ cup of water and leave it overnight, have this water the next day. The water should be taken with seeds in it do not strain it and have it the first thing in the morning.
5. Dandelion leaves have a diuretic property which helps in eliminating waste from the kidneys. The root of the Dandelion acts as a mild laxative and a tonic for the liver which stimulates the bowel movement thus helping in arthritis.
6. Massage your joints with the following mix everyday to reduce joint pain: Take four peeled garlic cloves along with 2 gms of spraguea, powder the mix and add it in thirty grams of mustard oil. Heat it to a mild temperature and massage your joints with it.