As more and more people realize the importance of holistic health that embraces different methods of achieving good health, health professionals such as nurses are also becoming aware of the power of alternative treatments such as acupuncture and oriental medical techniques.
Registered nurse Casey Romero discovered the efficacy of alternative therapies and the importance of combining western and oriental therapies when she visited the Academy of Oriental Medicine at Austin (AOMA).
According to her, her training as a nurse gave her insight and knowledge about pharmaceuticals.
This offered her an advantage when it came to patient safety since she was particularly well enabled to gauging drug and herb interactions. Also due to her training she is better able to make physical assessments of patients.
Romero lauds the focus that institutes such as AOMA have high academic standards and that there is stress on research that works in tandem with western medical practitioners. This is what makes alternative therapies more accessible for larger numbers of people.
Romero echoes what so many conventional medical practitioners have come to believe – that it is important to create successful health solutions for people by integrating a holistic medical approach, so that more people are impacted positively.
- ^ holistic health (news.nurse.com)
- ^ The Salutary Basic Principles Of Alternative Therapies (www.altmedicinezone.com)
- ^ Doctors Coming Around To Alternative Therapies (www.altmedicinezone.com)
- ^ 5 Basic Alternative Therapies You Should Try (www.altmedicinezone.com)
- ^ Health Bill Should Cover Alternative Therapies (www.altmedicinezone.com)
- ^ Alternative Therapies For Pets That Work (www.altmedicinezone.com)
- ^Alternative Therapies Give Immense Relief From Back Pain (www.altmedicinezone.com)