The Amazing Benefits of Nitric Oxide
Nitric Oxide is a free form of gas produced by the cells in our body. Symbolized as ‘NO’, Nitric Oxide contains one atom of Nitrogen and one of Oxygen. It is produced when enzymes in the body break down the amino acid Arginine, and is mainly used for intra-cellular communication.
Nitric Oxide is required for key physiological functions within our body. It travels freely from one cell to another assisting in a variety of biological functions. Depending on the requirement, Nitric Oxide can act as a hormone, a neurotransmitter and an intracellular messenger.
As mentioned earlier, Nitric Oxide is crucial for a variety of body functions, and it is essential that the cells produce adequate amount of this gas within our bodies. Body builders or those who perform rigorous physical activities need a higher amount of NO, as it allows for an increase in blood flow while building muscles. Signs of NO deficiency include extreme fatigue and physical weakness.
Nitric Oxide is neither a mineral nor a Vitamin, but a biological gas that is produced within the body and assists in a variety of physiological functions. It is useful in treating a variety of conditions such as insomnia, obesity, diabetes and sexual problems. It is because of these abilities that NO is touted to be the next miracle cure on the shelf.
Benefits of Nitric Oxide – A Closer Look
- Blood Circulation – Nitric Oxide regulates blood circulation throughout the body, increases the diameter of blood vessels and prevents formation of clots. It assists the endothelial cells in controlling and relaxing blood vessels. Nitric Oxide supplements can also boost the oxygen levels within your body, reduce blood pressure levels and keep your heart healthy and functioning optimally.
- Immune System – The Immune cells within our body release Nitric Oxide to destroy bacteria, virus and other harmful foreign elements that can cause an infection. The quality of blood cells in the bone marrow, the immunity-boosting cells and the muscle cells is enhanced with Nitric Oxide supplements. NO is also known to prevent tumor and cancerous growths within the body cells.
- Endurance level – Nitric Oxide increases the endurance level of the muscle cells, enabling you to lift heavier load and perform strenuous activities with ease. This is again one of the major reasons why body builders consider Nitric Oxide supplementation extremely beneficial.
- Increases Alertness – Nitric Oxide acts as an intracellular messenger between various cells in the body, including the nerve cells. With adequate amount of NO present in the body, the communication between nerve cells is faster, leading to quick responses and an increase in focus and vigilance.
- Increases Sexual Energy – One of the most popular benefits of Nitric Oxide is that it stimulates, invigorates and amplifies the sexual response mechanism within the body. Sensory and mental stimulation causes the nerve cells to release nitric oxide. This causes the penis muscles to relax, allowing blood to flow into the penis and create an erection. The process remains the same for women too, as blood flow increases in their vaginal tissues. This is how Loss of Libido, lack of sexual energy etc can be easily treated with nitric oxide supplementation.
- Pain Relief – Nitric Oxide supplementation can provide long-term relief from the pain associated with arthritis and joint inflammation. This is because it activates the anti-inflammatory mechanism within the body cells, and helps in reducing inflammation.
- Increases Muscle Mass – Nitric Oxide supplements widen the blood channels that lead to skeletal muscles, allowing for better blood flow and an increase in the lean muscle mass. With an increase in blood flow, the amount of nutrients available for the muscles is more, which again contributes toward increasing their size.
- Better Intra-cellular Communication – Nitric Oxide improves the process of communication between various cells in the body, including the nerve and the brain cells. Nitric Oxide supplementation is therefore extremely beneficial for enhancing memory, learning abilities and concentration levels. It also aids in treating various disorders especially insomnia and gastrointestinal ailments.
In addition to all of these benefits, Nitric Oxide is also a rich source of essential nutrients such as B-sitosterol, ursolic, ghycosides, plant sterols and anthrquinoidenes. It is also rich in Zinc, Calcium, Potassium, Iron and Vitamin A and C.
Nitric Oxide supplementation can help everyone, but it is especially beneficial for people over the age of 40. The reason behind this is simple: when you are young, your muscles, body cells and tissues are also in their prime – quick and efficient at releasing and producing enough Nitric Oxide to carry out different bodily processes.
However, as you grow old, your muscles become weaker and the response mechanism of your nerve cells also drops. It is then that you need Nitric Oxide supplements to boost your cellular activity, increase muscle mass, enhance strength and stamina, and improve your sexual performance.
But be careful about the dosage – Nitric Oxide supplements contain amino acids which if taken in excess, can lead to diarrhea, nausea and fatigue. With that caveat issued, it is safe to say that NO oxide can help you in more ways than you can think of.
Whatever health problems you may be suffering from – neural, immune system related or gastrointestinal, there is a good chance that Nitric Oxide supplementation can help you. With adequate amount of NO in your body, you will be able to function and operate in an effective way.
The following product will give you the synergistic blend of L-arginine and nitric oxide. Learn more about the L-Arginine Amino Acid product.